Saturday, January 8, 2011

Tea Party Table

We have been cleaning out our basement and crawl space, and today I took TWO WHOLE VAN LOADS of stuff to our local thrift store. After I dropped everything off, I decided to run inside and make a very quick lap to see if anything caught my eye. I am always on the look out for a piece of furniture that I can refinish, and while in the store I found this little table. My heart almost leapt from my chest! We will soon be fixing up our girls' room and I have been thinking that a little table set would look great in there when the room is done. But small tea party table sets are of course expensive, at least the ones I like.

This table is old, but incredibly sturdy and very well made. The best part is...it was only $5. The joints are solid and all it needs is a new finishing job. I nabbed it and when I got home, after detailed inspection my dad (who is visiting) even told me what a great table it is. It's the perfect size for two little girls! I have plans to make it a distressed antique white. Now all I need to do is find the perfect small chairs or stools to go with it. Should I make some? I love this kind of treasure hunt!

1 comment:

Missy said...

I just bought a dresser I am planning on refinishing when it gets a little warmer, but for now it is sitting in my garage.