Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Best Meatloaf Ever

A few people asked me for my meatloaf recipe because I made mention of it on another post (on our family blog). So here it is!

Glaze
1/2 C Ketchup
1/3 C brown sugar
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp mustard


Loaf
appx 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
3 slices of bread, crumbled through food processor (or blender)
1/4 C chopped onion
1 egg, beaten
1 cube beef bullion, crushed
2 Tbsp lemon juice

- Mix all glaze ingredients together.

- Combine all loaf ingredients, plus 1/3 cup of glaze. Mush all together until evenly mixed.

- Shape into a 9x5 inch loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 50 minutes.

- Pour off fat from pan and spread remaining glaze on top of loaf. Bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until center of loaf reaches 160 degrees.

1 comment:

just andrea said...

hey veronica!!! it's Andrea, your loverly neighbor down the street! I found you through Erin's blog!! you should invite me to yours so that we can be blogging friends!!
I love having Ethan in Primary, he is so smart and adorable!! just like a little adult. He really like Matt and won't let HIM leave now! It's so cute! Better than not letting you leave right??